Y2K for the fun and education of us all
More stuff on Y2K – this is just some stuff we have accumulated over the last several months for the fun and education of us all.
• Swedish Taxi Meters and Gas Station Payment Computers Fail http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,30004467,00.html
• Police Computers Fail at Stockholm Airport http://www.theaustralian.com.au/masthead/theoz/state/4114277.htm
• The West Virginia company Lynn Electric couldn’t close its 1998 payroll because all documents converted to 1944, which is the date arbitrarily chosen by a number of PC programmers to use as state date for operating system clocks.
• The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reported that two medical devices – an external defibrillator and a multi-parameter patient monitor – will fail to display, print or store the correct time of the products’ operation (thereby creating incorrect records but not endangering patient health).
• Shocking report on the state of nuclear plants & the power grid http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/19990111_xex_bad_n ews_pow.shtml
• Some utility companies say they won’t make it http://www.boston.com/dailynews/wirehtml/010/BLACKOUT_Utility_ compani_01_10_.html
• Think airports will work? Read this… http://www.amcity.com/denver/stories/1999/01/11/editorial3.html?h=bug
• Health care industry not even close to compliance http://www.techweb.com/se/directlink.cgi?IWK19990111S0018
• Time Magazine – Millennium Madness http://cgi.pathfinder.com/time/reports/millennium/end_world.html
• Y2K Information & Alert Updates http://www.y2knewswire.com/