Financial Regulatory Reform
Department of the Treasury 89 pages
The Treasury Department has released its document on what it would like to do in the future, which encompasses the following five areas:
1. Promote robust supervision and regulation of financial firms.
2. Establish comprehensive supervision of financial markets.
3. Protect consumers and investors from financial abuse.
4. Provide the government with the tools it needs to manage financial crises.
5. Raise international regulatory standards and improve international cooperation.
Obviously, their intentions and Congress’ willingness to pass legislation in these areas. That said, if you have any involvement in the financial markets you should download and read this.