Top Ten Reasons You MUST Take Risks!
by Gail Kasper, Author and Motivational Speaker
When I talk about taking risks, I’m not referring to reckless, hazardous actions that imperil you or those around you. I’m talking about making choices and taking action that moves you away from your comfort zone, because only when you’re beyond this zone will you grow. And only through growth will you achieve your greatest dreams. As I state in my book Another Day Without A Cage: My Breakthrough From Self-Imprisonment To Total Empowerment, “I saw firsthand that the bigger the risk, the greater the reward, despite the outcome.”
Taking a risk means different things to different people. It might be applying for a job you’re not sure you’re qualified for. Mustering the courage to talk to someone, either by phone or face to face. Raising your hand to ask a question. Speaking up in a meeting. Taking an improv class.
What does risk mean to you? What specific risk will help you grow without putting you or others in physical danger? What benefits will you enjoy from taking this risk?
Here, then, are the Top Ten Reasons YOU need to take calculated risks in your life:
10. You will surprise yourself (and maybe others) by what you are really capable of.
9. You may learn a few new things about yourself.
8. Without risk, there is no real growth.
7. Calculated risk-taking gets you closer to achieving your goals.
6. With big risk-taking come big rewards.
5. You might get noticed – by a manager, by a company executive, or maybe by that cute someone you’ve been wanting to meet.
4. When you take a risk, you really live.
3. Risk-taking is a great confidence and self-esteem booster.
2. You’ll feel proud of yourself for being willing to try something different.
And the number one reason you need to take risks …
1. Believe it or not, taking a risk can be tons of fun!
I guess I’m no David Letterman, but I do know that the more you take risks, the fuller, more at peace your life will be… and you deserve that!!!!